Hey guys!!!! Abuja International Photofest 2018 is upon us!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
The Abuja International Photo Festival is an annual, not-for-profit event dedicated to the celebration of the practice and application of photography. The goal of this year's photo festival is to showcase how photography functions to promote social-cultural development. The event serves as a mentoring, networking and knowledge sharing opportunity where individuals and organizations discover trends and approaches in using the power of imagery for sensitization, collaboration and impact.
The specific objectives of the event include:
- To serve as a platform for cultural exchange and the exploration of the importance of photography in preserving and promoting cultural awareness.
- The stimulation of improved capabilities in imaging for the growth of the art and culture industry with the intent to foster economic growth.
- To serve as a platform to sensitize participants on how they can be more involved in advocating key social issues using their skills in visual documentation.
- To visually engage policy makers who will better influence the implementation of sustainable developments at the grassroot.
- To promote gender equality by showcasing and celebrating female photographers.
- To stimulate the emergence of a closely-nit photography community where members share knowledge and experience for the growth of a more professional industry.
Activities this year will include but not limited to photowalks, photo competitions and exhibitions, panel discussions, masterclasses, awards (closing & award night)